Welcome to SWGAide.
This is a fork of the original SWGAide project by Zimoon located at https://sites.google.com/site/simongronlund/swgaide. This fork aims to enhance the original project with support for user-run servers as well as other enhancements as deemed fit.
*Note: There is no backwards-compatibility with versions of SWGAide from before the fork *
First time installation
- Go to Releases and download either SWGAide.exe (Recommended) or SWGAide.jar
- Create a new folder for SWGAide
- Drop the downloaded file into the new folder
- Create a shortcut at your desktop for the file
- Launch SWGAide by double-clicking its icon -- see below on Windows 8/7/Vista.
- Follow the instructions: chiefly that is to help SWGAide find the location of SWG.
- Download the new file.
- Optionally move the old file to for example "backups".
- In "backups", if SWGAide.bak is old: copy the SWGAide.DAT file to somewhere.
- Put the new JAR file in the place of the old one.
- Launch SWGAide as usual.
Windows 8, 7 & Vista carefully read the read-me file about administrative and security settings.
Help, Information, and FAQ:
- Press F1 or the Help menu for help on the current window.
- After first launch of SWGAide, find a index.html file.
Support forum: SWGAide at The SWGCraft Project.
- System requirements: Java JRE v. 6 -- http://java.com
Always retain at least one exe/JAR file as backup.